Join our team in Madison and become a leader for diversity and equal opportunities in STEM.
Benefits & Perks
Office in the heart of Downtown Madison
Health and Dental Plan
The power to change the world
Where do you belong? Check out our open positions below.
Director of Development
Summary of Job Scope & Responsibilities
The Director of Development plays a key role in supporting Maydm’s mission of providing girls and youth of color in grades 6-12 with skill-based training for the technology sector. The Director of Development leads Maydm’s efforts and supports Maydm in achieving annual operating goals and building a pipeline of support towards major and planned giving. Responsibilities of the position include leading all fundraising efforts and collaborative partnerships. The Director of Development will oversee annual giving, major donor development, corporate partnerships, grant writing, and special events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop annual appeal program by cultivating and engaging with annual donors
- Lead giving campaigns, including direct mail, email, website and social media channels
- Manage fundraising data entry and utilize CRM software to track donor engagement
- Lead the development of the annual report; develop and execute strategy by writing copy, coordinating with graphic designers
- Work collaboratively with Executive Director to identify and solicit new sources of corporate funding for Maydm’s operations and programs
- Ensure successful stewardship of corporate gifts
- Build relationships with corporate sponsors that foster program growth opportunities
Major Donor Development
- Work with Executive Director to carry out vision for major donor program
- Participate in fundraising event committees and assist in management of volunteers
- Work toward achieving annual plan goals for major gifts
- Provide stewardship, including scheduling and conducting discovery meetings with prospects and follow up
- Compose compelling gift proposals that define Maydm’s priorities and impact in the community
Grant Writing & Program Support
- Research and write grants on behalf of Maydm’s programs
- Track and report fundraising progress; provide updates to Executive Director
- Serve as a public representative and advocate in the community by attending community networking events
- Stay apprised of Maydm events, programs and projects
- Assist in preparing reports, summaries, briefings, donor rosters, and donor reports relevant to fundraising activities
- A passion for Maydm’s mission and values, and drive to grow the organization
- Desire to work in a small, fast paced, start-up environment
- Experience and strong interest in relationship building & fundraising
- Experience creating and implementing successful integrated multi-channel fundraising campaigns
Schedule & Location
Typical schedule is weekday business hours, but occasional weekend and evening work is required for Maydm events. Maydm is conveniently located in downtown Madison with an office directly on the square.
Medical and Dental plan
How to Apply
For best consideration, please submit application materials that include:
- A detailed resume
- A cover letter explaining how your experience relates to this position, specifically to the job duties and qualifications
- Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 3rd 2019
The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Maydm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.
2019 Summer Instructor
We seek enthusiastic UW students to teach web development and other technical skills through one-day workshops for Middle Schoolers from local Madison schools. We are looking for talented and passionate instructors who believe the future of technology is brightened by the diverse young builders of tomorrow and those who work toward progress as a team.
Candidates that are interested in working with us will help support three summer programs over the course of 11 weeks including middle school web development programs and high school CAD programs. In this role, you will work with students by teaching Maydm curriculum, assisting in projects, joining in on activities, and accompanying them on field trips around Madison. A working knowledge of computer science and STEM are critical, and teaching experience is preferred. Must be available Monday through Friday from 8am-4pm June 17th-August 9th, and from 8am-12pm August 12-30 (there will be no programs on July 4). The camps will take place at Edgewood College, Madison College, and local Madison Schools.
Maydm will provide a thorough onboarding process and support its instructors in their daily activities. Candidates that will work best with us are those that come ready to learn or can already empathize with principles of youth development and/or instruction, demonstrable by experience or a clear willingness to rapidly learn on the job.
- Teach with team of instructors
- Build upon the day, with exciting and interactive activities
- Listen to and engage with students of various backgrounds and skill levels
- Encourage students to self-identify as technical leaders or resources within their communities
- Stay critical and self-evaluate
- Arrive each day early and with a positive attitude
- Stay up to date on changes in the curriculum or programs as a whole
- Learn new technologies as necessary
- Interest in and knowledge of uses of tech in everyday life and in the sciences
- Experience teaching or instructing in some capacity
- Strong problem solving skills, personal integrity, maturity, credibility
- Strong organizational skills and attention to student needs
- Working knowledge of social justice frameworks
- Teamwork oriented, but capable of decision making on your own when necessary
- Love having fun and support fun-first teaching ideologies
- Must pass background check.
Women and students of color encouraged to apply