Join our team in Madison and become a leader for diversity and equal opportunities in STEM.
Benefits & Perks
Spacious Office in Near West Madison
Health and Dental Plan
The power to change the world
Where do you belong? Check out our open positions below.
Education & Outreach Manager
Who is Maydm? A 501c(3), Maydm provides girls and youth of color in grades 6-12 with skill-based training for the technology sector. Maydm’s holistic approach prepares students from traditionally underrepresented populations to engage in and revolutionize the tech industry.
Summary of Job Scope & Responsibilities
The Education & Outreach Manager plays a key role in leading Maydm’s relationships with community partners, educational entities and other community based organizations. The Education & Outreach Manager leads all aspects of the organization’s community outreach program, as well as all marketing. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Education & Outreach Manager supports the growth of Maydm’s community partnerships, manages relationships with key community and educational partners, and manages all aspects of the organization’s outreach.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead all functions of Community Outreach including outreach to schools and teachers, collaboration with other non-profit organizations and community partnership opportunities
- Establishes annual plan for Education and Outreach
- Works with Director of Operations to create annual timelines and benchmarks to achieve goals in annual plan
- Represents Maydm in the community with middle and high schools, institutes of higher education, non-profits and other community organizations
- Prepare monthly reports on progress towards annual goals
- Work with local schools, non-profit leaders and community leaders to share the Maydm story
- Work closely with Director of Development to identify community organizations that can partner on grants and other funding opportunities
- Work with Program staff to ensure programming addresses educational core competencies
- Builds strong relationships with current and future community partners, schools and other non-profit organizations
- Measures progress and goals on new outreach opportunities
- Willing to work outside of traditional office hours
- Personal vehicle required to performed job functions
- Bachelor’s Degree and a background in Education and Community Outreach OR 3 years of successful education and outreach program management
- Desire to work in a small, fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience teaching/working with youth in urban setting
To Apply: Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2019. This is an exempt, salaried position.
The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Maydm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.